Whether you are a shoe lover, a shoe hoarder, or a person with just the most minimum required the number of shoes, you would still have pairs of shoes and sandals that you would often get stuck in storing. Let’s face it – we all face a hard time in storing our shoes. On top of it, we always worry if our shoes will survive the atmosphere change and pray that the leather does not wear off. Sometimes, due to our silly storing mistakes and lack of attention, we lose out on a lot of our shoes because they start to wear off and become unwearable because of their ugly appearance. It kills us to discard our boots like that.
But what if I told you that we have a few ideas which are inexpensive and straightforward that can keep your shoes in check. We cannot escape the fact that shoes need attention even if we do not use them. Hence, a regular check to dust them off and clean up is the minimum attention our babies deserve.
We have different types of shoes for different occasions, to wear in different places. They come in different sizes, brands, and variations. From simple flip flops to chunky sneakers and thigh leather boots, we have them all! Storing them all is art, and we have some tips to share.
- Sort your footwear. You can sort it depending on sizes or types, how frequently you use them, or any way you otherwise like. Sorting out before deciding how to store them is half the work done. After sorting, you can arrange them at designated places accordingly.
- Keep your footwear off the ground. So many of us line up our shoes next to each other on the floor and mistake it for having stored them well. Try to avoid that. Putting your shoes on the floor will only make them prone to all the dust and other unwanted germs on the floor. Plus, no matter how well you line them up, it ends up looking very shabby and untidy. Assign a storage space for your footwear and stack them in there instead.
- Try to avoid wired shoe stands. Such stands are very cheap and handy, but they end up harming our shoes. Often, our footwear is left exposed, and dust accumulates. While we are in a hurry, one small mistake in pulling out our stilettos in the wrong way and that could destroy the heel. Uh, oh, no.
- Organize. Store your shoes in different boxes or compartments. You can also use plastic tins, tables, or plastic shoe drawers that are available online. You can use your furniture drawers and pockets to store shoes, if possible — nothing like carefully boxing up shoes and sandals. For flip flops and flats, you can D-I-Y some wire hangers.
- Cover up your whites and fancies. Most of us have a pair of white sneakers, or chunky shoe that we fear will get spoilt. So, while storing them somewhere, wrapping them up in a thin sheet is always a good idea. Storing whiles and fancies inside boxes is an excellent precautionary measure to save them from getting spoilt
Given these tips for storage, you should not forget the golden rule of keeping a regular check on your shoe. Giving them some attention to dust off and clean wherever required should be done at least once in two weeks. It also keeps away unwanted infections. Remember, happy shoe equal happy feet!